Friday, April 19, 2013

Hi.


My name is Allison and I’m awkward. It’s who I am and what I do. I’m actually thinking about changing my name on Facebook to ‘Allison Always Awkward Bell’ because it is so much a part of who I am that it might as well be my middle name. I think creating awkward situations may be my spiritual gift if we’re being honest…Okay I’m being dramatic, but you get the point.

Let me explain what it means to be awkward. It means that it’s not a normal day if I haven’t accidently hugged someone thinking they were a friend of mine or spilled my water all down my shirt right before class like I did today. It means that I am a little bit clumsy and not super great at social situations but hey, I manage! My oh so evident awkwardness is actually one of my favorite things about myself. Why? Because Jesus uses all of my uncomfortableness to speak boundless amounts of truth to my heart.  When I embrace awkward I become who the Lord has called me to be and live the full life that He has intended for me.

Which brings me to the point of this blog!
Reason 1: Awkward is funny. So see this little guy as a vessel for laughter. I am giving you full permission to laugh at me.
Reason 2: There are lessons that Jesus has taught me through these moments that have broken so many chains and brought me into abundant life with Christ that I cannot keep that type of freedom to myself. I'm praying with great expectation that my stories will be used for God’s kingdom.
Reason 3: I am about to start working at a summer camp for 7-14 year olds who are in their prime awkward stages and someone needs to document the funny things that happen. I volunteer.

Anyways, while I can’t promise that I’ll blog super often, I hope that through this little guy you’re encouraged to embrace you inner middle part, brace-faced, preteen socially awkward self and step confidently into who Christ has called you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment