Like the top 2 reasons why I looove celebrating my day of birth.
There are some things I don't really like about birthdays. I don't like surprises and get so awkward when people tell me or sing happy birthday to me because I don't know what to say back… This year my most common answer was, "Thanks, my mom did a great job!"
Gah so awkward. Moving on.
Reason #1 why your day of birth is super fun: Celebrating all that happened in the past year.
|I got to live with the gemstones (going on 2 years)!|
Also I just now realized that it looks like my armpit is sweating in this picture.
|I got to be a part of this hilarious small group.|
|Began adventuring in the big CO.|
|Went on the Spring Break adventure of a lifetime|
|I got baptized!!|
|Climbed a couple of mountains.|
|Made memories with these goobers.|
|Met friends from all around the USA.|
|And stuck my toes in the Atlantic Ocean after wayyyyy too long.|
This list is obviously subject to change because I don't know the future but here's what I'm already thankful for in my 21st year:
- Bringing in the new year with my camp friends! Oh my heart.
- Running my first marathon!
- Being one step closer to getting to have my own classroom! Okay this is actually terrifying and invigorating at the same time…
- Spending the summer working with Children's Hope Chest in Colorado Springs and Swaziland… seriously the Lord is too good to me!
- Living in a lake house with 7 other beauties next year.
- Making more and more memories with the best friends a girl could ask for.
- New Lessons: in my walk with Jesus, in learning to be a teacher, in how to live life with people well.
I feel like this post is super mushy and tender and nostalgic but what can I say? I love all things corny and cheesy and clique.