Wednesday, October 23, 2013

You Are Welcome Here.

I think about how blessed I am way too little and how weak I am way too much. I see the mistakes that I make and worry that they'll hinder Christ's work in me. I forget that Jesus is kind. But tonight, like so many other Wednesday nights, I was reminded that He is the kindest man I'll ever know and loves to give his children good gifts. Apart from Jesus what's the best gift he's ever given me? Community.

If you've listened to me talk for any stretch of time over the past two years, you have probably heard me ramble about the church called DCF or my house church, (kinda like a community group) the Lilley Pad. I am in love with the community there and in all honesty, I dread the day I am called away from this place of peace and joy and laughter and beauty. I love this community for many many reasons, but lately I've been blown away at the way the church body loves on and cares for each other.

DCF dwells on the good in each person. When they look at me they do not see my flaws but my Father. Their eyes do not land on my sin and mistakes but settle on the Cross of Christ and the role it is playing in my life. So often I walk in with a heavy heart and leave overwhelmed with the Lord's joy. I wish I could adequately describe this place and these people and the way that Jesus moves in each conversation, hug, and cup of coffee but I can't.

If taking sneaky photos of people was my job, I would be rich.


Tonight as we ate dinner, worshipped, and prayed I just kept thinking, this is what love looks like. It's not always a can't eat, can't sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, World Series kind of love but slow, intentional, laughter and joy filled moments with people that care, really care about your heart and life. It's a group of people pausing to sing, 

"Holy Spirit you are welcome here. Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere. Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for. To be overcome by your presence, Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment