Thursday, December 12, 2013

TWENTY-FUN.

This past Sunday I turned 21. I promise this post is not what I think about drinking because 1. No one cares about my opinion and 2. There are many other things that are way more fun to write about.

Like the top 2 reasons why I looove celebrating my day of birth.

There are some things I don't really like about birthdays. I don't like surprises and get so awkward when people tell me or sing happy birthday to me because I don't know what to say back… This year my most common answer was, "Thanks, my mom did a great job!"

Gah so awkward. Moving on. 

Reason #1 why your day of birth is super fun: Celebrating all that happened in the past year.

I got to live with the gemstones (going on 2 years)!
Also I just now realized that it looks like my armpit is sweating in this picture.



I got to be a part of this hilarious small group.

Began adventuring in the big CO.

Went on the Spring Break adventure of a lifetime

I got baptized!!

Climbed a couple of mountains.

Made memories with these goobers.

Met friends from all around the USA.

And stuck my toes in the Atlantic Ocean after wayyyyy too long.

Reason #2 why your day of birth is super fun: Celebrating what is to come!

This list is obviously subject to change because I don't know the future but here's what I'm already thankful for in my 21st year:
  • Bringing in the new year with my camp friends! Oh my heart.
  • Running my first marathon!
  • Being one step closer to getting to have my own classroom! Okay this is actually terrifying and invigorating at the same time…
  • Spending the summer working with Children's Hope Chest in Colorado Springs and Swaziland… seriously the Lord is too good to me!
  • Living in a lake house with 7 other beauties next year.
  • Making more and more memories with the best friends a girl could ask for.
  • New Lessons: in my walk with Jesus, in learning to be a teacher, in how to live life with people well.
I feel like this post is super mushy and tender and nostalgic but what can I say? I love all things corny and cheesy and clique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment