I'm in shock that training is over, that I actually went through with it, AND I loved every minute of it. I think it's hilarious that I had as much fun as I did because when I ran my last race in high school, I said I was done with racing and never wanted to do it again. Oh how the tables have turned.
I've been so thankful for the way Jesus has blessed the past four months of training. I'm just gonna make a list of it all.
- He's shown me that he LOVES seeing me happy and contrary to popular belief, wants me to do the things I love.
- He's shown me that my physical imperfections don't define my beauty, or my worth, or even my ability to accomplish big dreams.
- I've grown to love myself more. I know that's cheesy but try looking at yourself and who you are a little less critically… it'll do wonders for your heart.
- I learned the importance of mental strength in fighting lies. If I had a quarter for every time Satan told me I would never cross the finish line, I'd be rich. Luckily Jesus was whispering the whole time that he believed in me.
- And most of all, Jesus taught me to be okay with having dreams and chasing them! God made us with hearts full of dreams. Run after them! Do it wisely, but do it.
I don't think that Jesus gives two hoots about what time I finished in. And I really don't think he's too worried about whether I run another step in my life. But what I do know is that he wants me to live this life to the full and let it be full of joy. Who am I to say no to a little adventure?